Friday, December 2, 2011

How often do you day dream about being a different version of you?

Honestly, I have to admit, I do it a lot.  It helps me focus and become more driven to reach my goals.  Yesterday, I saw a news broadcast about "women in technology" and later that day, I began to think, "well, I work for a "tech/eCommerce" business, why shouldn't I try to further my career in this industry?"

Let me take a step back real quick.  I love my job.  I couldn't be more happier right now at any other company, especially my last one, but that's a whole other story.  I work for a company who owns a couple of online t-shirt sites.  But somewhere in this fast pace growing company, creation of websites comes into play.  I am not a designer or developer, but I know how projects are supposed run and I have great all-around business knowledge; which is why I work here.  My titles in this business are: Project Manager, Human Resource Manager and Office Manager.  Now to get back to the topic.

Because the company I work for creates web pages, I'm not that fined tuned into the lingo and how things work, but that really doesn't stop me from doing my job.  After listening to that news broadcast I mentioned above, it made me realize that if I had more knowledge about programming, I could totally do little end jobs here instead of having to wait for my senior developers.  How amazing would it be to be asked to task one of my developers with a small and easy task, and then turn around to my boss and say, well, I can just fix it!!!

This is why I day dream about being a different version of me.  A better version.  I think day dreaming is a great way to see yourself in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment